Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Night Hike Friday, and Upcoming Stuff!

Hey all!
Our next trip is a night hike on Friday night!
Join for another Phillipsburg/Easton area almost loop hike. This time, we will showcase some of the all new trails I've been working on over the past year~ then the usual easton area rail trails and loops!
Meet in the municipal lot just north of the free bridge in Phillipsburg. We'll shuttle in as few cars as possible a short distance away to start walking the almost loop.
As for this weekend, Jillane and I are taking a trip together, and doing a hike with just the two of us...
So...
This week newcomer to the group Stephen Argentina has offered to host a hike at Six Mile Run! Here is a message from him:

Hello everybody! This week Michael is busy with an important matter so I will be stepping in to lead the weekly hike (I being Stephen). Since I was given the choice as to the location, I decided to go with what I know. Six Mile Run Park. How I stumbled upon this humble plot of land I'll be happy to share Saturday.
Now, I would like to have everyone meet up at about 8am at a small parking spot near the intersection of Blackwells Mills Road and Canal Road. There's signs regarding its whereabouts posted in the area.
Regarding the hike itself, the hike should last anywhere between 10 to 15 miles. I'm not really sure because I still can't seem to figure out the distance. So lets assume 6 miles until the trails let out by soccer fields, and then 6 miles back to the lot (we'll take a break by the fields because they have benches and stuff, so pack a small lunch if you'd like). Now about the terrain... It's not bad. It can be a little uneven at one or two spots but it's basically a smooth, slightly hilly, winding trail. Now I don't have much info about the park but if you have questions about it's history, be sure to ask Michael the next time you see him or look it up.
The exact address of the lot is 635-661 Canal Rd, Somerset, NJ 08873.
...and please RSVP so I have an idea of how many people are coming. My number is 732-710-0540 and my email is basicallysteve@aol.com. Hope to see you there!
Also, as a side note. Be careful on the roads in that area because they're real thin and two-way streets.


Here is out schedule of events coming up otherwise:
2/15 Phillipsburg/Easton Night Hike
2/21 Metrotrails Monthly Meeting
2/22 Undecided location night hike
2/24 NJ Perimeter Series; Clarks Landing to Oceanville (with Forsyth National Wildlife Refuge and more)
3/3 Paterson-Rutherford Texas Wiener Themed Hike with special guest co-leader Craig Nunn!
3/10 Hunterdon/Mercer county Lambertville and Washington's Crossing Area
3/17 Old Putnam Trail; former rail line turned trail north from the Bronx
3/23 16 year anniversary Warren Railroad Hike and possible campout!
3/29 Undecided Good Friday Hike

Note also that there will certainly be night hikes in between some of these, usually fridays as the times near.
Contact me for further details!
M'ke

No comments:

Post a Comment